The Bottom Line
- It's the best selling game of all time!
- It looks drastically better than the PC version
- New play modes, including 2 player
- No online play, no downloads
- You may never leave your couch again...
- The Sims is the best selling PC game in history, by a mile.
- The PS2 version is polygon, not sprite based, that's right... 3D Sim action!
- The competitive 2 player mode is surprisingly good, featuring several mini-games.
- PC players will love the new graphics and the exclusive objects, characters and other content.
- The updated Sim creator gives you much more flexibility in designing how your Sim looks.
- The new 'Level Based Game Play' adds a new twist with tons of unlockable goodies.
- The controls work surprisingly well.
Guide Review - The Sims - PS2
Don't get me wrong, this is a sweet game. It takes everything good about the PC version and makes it better. Better graphics, sound, play modes. It's one of the best conversions yet.
The downside is, it's still evil. You will be late for work, you will neglect your loved ones. If you introduce the game to your loved ones then they will neglect you. You won't sleep, you won't eat, and you won't pick up after yourself, because you are too busy trying to get your Sims to do menial tasks that you no longer have time to do in the real world.
Yes the PS2 version of The Sims is good, but it's also evil. Buy it, then hide it from yourself. You'll thank me later.