The Bottom Line
- Buffy looks really, really good
- Buffy the game captures the feel of Buffy the show
- Awesome vampire and zombie smashing mayhem
- Levels can be fairly dark, easy to miss things
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer delivers quality 3rd person action, a la Tomb Raider.
- The entire cast (sans Sarah Michelle Gellar) does their own voice work, and they do it well.
- Excellent combat system with tons of special moves, weapons, and items you can combine with weapons.
- Erie music, creepy creatures, witty dialog, and excellent environments capture the feel of the show.
- Available only on Xbox.
Guide Review - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy is a solid video game. It dazzles with great graphics, bone chilling sounds, fun puzzles, and an oddly satisfying combat system. It's hard to explain, but once you knock a vampire into an oncoming train, you'll understand.
Perhaps more than any other video game I've played, Buffy actually feels related to the show. There was a lot of love poured into making it authentic. The levels could easily pass for Sunnydale; the high school and the library are spot on.
Buffy is hands down my favorite movie / TV show to video game translation.