The classic casual Games Bejeweled 2, Zuma, Heavy Weapon, Peggle, and Feeding Frenzy will all be available on the PlayStation Network. The five hit titles will land in North America first and be available for European PS3 owners at a later disclosed date. No word yet as to whether or not the fan favorites will be released in Asia.
“As leaders in their genre, PopCap is to casual games what SOE is to MMOs,” said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment in a press release. “Being the second largest publisher on the PlayStation Network, SOE is excited that this partnership will expand the PlayStation Network catalog with awesome casual titles that players of all types can enjoy.”
Bejeweled 2 should be immediately available for purchase, with the rest soon to follow, from the PlayStation Store for $9.99 and features four unique ways to play. PlayStationites can solve the standard Puzzle mode while up against the clock or roll with an endless mode. New gems and special effects should really make this game pop.
Bejeweled 2 on the PS3 features:
PlayStation Network Trophies!
- PSP Remote Play
- Stunning 3D special effects and HD resolution (up 1080p)
- Explosive new pieces: power gems, hyper cubes and time bombs
- Four ways to play: Classic, Action, Puzzle and Endless modes
- Explore a galaxy of handcrafted puzzles in Puzzle mode
- Play for eternity and collect jewelry in relaxing Endless mode
- Secret game modes
- Hint-on-demand feature