"The detailed resume workshop and casual atmosphere of the conference with the allows attendees an unprecedented opportunity to interact with industry veterans, ask questions, gain valuable contacts and resume secrets of getting into the business," said Christopher Sherman, Game Initiative Executive Director. "The comprehensive program will provide an overview of the industry, identify technology trends and requirements as well as the qualifications and skill-sets that are in demand."
Students will learn how to build an early professional road map to a career in the game industry. Professionals looking to move into the business from other industries will learn how their experience and transferable skills can gain rapid entry into the game industry. The event will also provide a great opportunity for local game companies to meet potential new talent. Also, attendees will be able to participate in the Demo Reel Showcase, where can bring their laptops to showcase their demo reels to industry insiders for direct feedback and job opportunities.
Seattle Video Game Industry Job Conference February 12 - Agenda
- 8:30am - 9:00am Registration and Networking
- 9:00 - 9:45am Industry Overview
- 10:00am - 10:45am Getting in at the Ground Floor
- 11:00am - 12:00pm Applying Transferable Skill Sets
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm Networking
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm Resume Workshop
The cost is $45 in advance or $60 at the door. The event takes place at the Shoreline Center in Shoreline, Seattle. Registration is available online at http://www.GameConferences.com/seattle/
How To Break Into Video Game Industry Conference and Resume Workshop attendees will:
- Find out what employers are looking for now and in the future
- Learn how the game development pipeline works
- Receive an overview of the industry and where it's headed
- Understand the core competencies required in art, programming and design
- Meet and network with professionals in the industry
- Participate in a resume workshop designed to gain them critical interviews with hiring managers.
About The Game Initiative
The Game Initiative is a leading producer of conferences and events for professionals in the computer and video game industry. The Initiative is chartered with the growth of the industry through events, public awareness, information and supporting programs and serves the needs of companies and people involved in producing interactive entertainment software and hardware for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers and the Internet. Game Initiative events include the Austin Game Conference (October 27-28, 2005), the Women's Game Conference (October 26-27, 2005) and the How to Break into the Game Industry national conference series.