The Bottom Line
- Dark Angel's Jessica Alba does her own voice work
- Good adaptation of the Dark Angel series
- Tons of great flips and kicks
- Can get repetitious
- Pretty straightforward, few surprises
- Third person hand to hand combat marathon, with a touch of stealth thrown in for good measure
- Plenty of different attacks and a cool RAGE system which allows Max to access special moves
- Fun Matrix-esque effects, like bullet time and flipping off of walls
- Available for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox
Guide Review - James Cameron's Dark Angel
Unfortunately after beating the tar out of several dozen guards and blowing up countless 'gas cans' to bust through walls you wonder if there's going to be anything more. Unfortunately there isn't. The recipe is pretty simple: beat soldiers, whip out a key, sprinkle in a boss, repeat. The level design really holds back an otherwise promising game.
If you are a Dark Angel fan, you'll love the game. There are bonus pictures, interviews, and more. But, if it's a choice between Buffy, Spiderman, or Dark Angel... well I don't like her odds.