The Bottom Line
- Cool concept, and everyone loves Wolverine
- Sweet graphics
- Wicked looking combos
- Uninspired gameplay
- Graphics: 4.5 Good backgrounds, cool 'enhanced senses' vision, and even different costumes for Logan
- Sound: 3.5 Good sounds, especially the claws, but you won't rush out and buy the soundtrack too soon
- Concept: 5 Slick idea. Wolverine revisits his past and you find out why so many mutants hate him
- Control: 3.5 Maybe too easy to control, but all those cool combos are executed with one button
- Multiplayer: 0 - 'Multiplayer' get real,bub, Wolverine runs in a pack of one.
- Difficulty: 4 Wolverine's Revenge will have you repeating stages over and over, he's awfully frail
- All scores are out of 5. The overall rating is not an average of the above scores.
Guide Review - X2: Wolverine's Revenge - PS2, Xbox, GC, GBA, PC
Now don't get me wrong, it's still better than all the Superman games combined, but it's not exactly an Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. The odd thing is, what really holds the game back is how simple it feels. The first level is terrific, but once you master the controls, there's not much left.
Wolverine may be tough, but so is the action game market. Sorry, bub.