The Bottom Line
- The best selling soccer game on the planet
- The highest rated soccer game on the planet
- The best looking soccer game on the planet
- Do people play soccer games?
- Can it be called 'Football' without cheerleaders?
- Winning Eleven 6 is quite possibly the best looking PS2 sports title out there.
- The gameplay is simple and smooth. It really captures the feel and speed of soccer.
- Features 54 national teams and 40 club teams from around the world.
- Excellent franchise mode and player creation mode... Madden should take notes.
- Awesome title in a underrepresented market.
Guide Review - Winning Eleven 6 - PS2
The players are very lifelike, the 14 stadiums are beautiful, the camera is great. This is a good looking game... and oddly enough, a great playing game. No arcade affects, no powerups, no catching on 'fire', just sweet smooth, fast soccer. I don't even follow soccer and I could help but get sucked in. Kudos to Renderware for taking such pride in their product.
To be fair there has to be a downside... so here it is, occasionally there is a little slowdown, especially on corner kicks. But umm, that's it. Other than that it truly is the prefect soccer game. If you dig soccer, you have to have it.