The Bottom Line
- Awesome adaptation of the Robotech series
- Fast and furious transforming mecha combat
- Original voice actors are back, including Minmei!
- Multiplayer needs more options
- Some levels are quite tough
- Pilot the fabled veritech fighter... transform into battloid, guardian or veritech modes.
- Cameos by Macross characters like Rick Hunter, Lisa Hayes, Roy Fokker and even Lynn Minmei.
- Cel shading and great Robotech-esque music make you feel like you are playing the show.
- Original and deep story mode fits right into the Robotech universe with no contradictions.
- Multiplayer allows two players to spar in various veritech, as well as female power armor.
- Large levels with interesting goals and destructible landscape.
- Lots of unlockable goodies, including interviews with the original Robotech voice actors.
- Available for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube.
Guide Review - Robotech Battlecry
Robotech Battlecry casts you as Jack Archer, former hired gun turned veritech pilot. The game works you into the existing Robotech story, then brings you into a whole new side story involving renegade Zentradi.
The missiles, the veritech, the Zentradi all look great. Add a killer soundtrack, good gameplay, and tons of unlockable goodies, and you've got the Robotech game you've been waiting for.