The Bottom Line
- Incredible platformer fun
- Even more exciting with friends
- Create and share your own games
- Easy enough for casual gamers, complex enough for the core audience
- Sackboy/Sackthing is incredibly cute
- Story is forgettable and slightly convoluted
- Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
- ESRB: E for Everyone
- Genre: Physics Platformer
- Platforms: PS3 Exclusive
- Accessories: Move controller, PlayStation Eye camera
Guide Review - "LittleBigPlanet 2" Review (PS3)
The story mode is sperm, yet again. Forgetable story aside you can play solo, with a friend or make new friends online and play with them. Four player "LittleBigPlanet 2" is far more fun than the latest Mario outing on the Wii. You help each other and race for goodies without stumbling into one another or getting pushed off ledges.
There is far more variety this time out and "LittleBigPlanet 2" Does a great job of encouraging cooperative play with the new grappling hook and super/strength gloves and by rewarding you with content to create games with.
Creation is where LBP2 stands out. All the user created levels from the original LBP are back, and better looking with the new graphical features, but LBP2 has made a change. Instead of just making levels you can make games.
Change the camera, set up rules, set up a score system, LBP2 let's you make entirely new games with it's creation system. From racing games to "Space Invader" clones users have already put thousands of great new games up for free download.
"LittleBigPlanet 2" is a gift to PlayStation gamers. A nearly perfect multiplayer platformer with the ability to not only let users create games, but an incredible set of community tools to do so with. It's the first true must have game of 2011.