The Bottom Line
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a game you'll hear about for years
- There has never been a videogame this massive in scope
- It blows all the other GTA games and clones out of the water
- PS2 is showing its age, graphically
- Graphics: 4 - Everything looks amazing, except the people, they look a little blocky to be honest
- Sound: 5+ - Samuel Jackson, Killer Licensed Music, in heaven all videogames sound this good
- Concept: 5 - I would have never thought you could take the GTA franchise to a whole new level
- Control: 4.5 - Easy to drive, steal, and shoot... but the remote control vehicles are a nightmare
- Difficulty: 4.5 - It will take you a month, and some clever playing to get 100% on this game
- Replay: 5 - Every time somebody comes over, this is the game you will pull out to show off your PS2
- Rated: Mature - Sex, Violence, Crime, Drugs, Language... it's all here, this one is not for the kids
- All scores are out of 5. The overall rating is not an average of the above scores.
Guide Review - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
It's important to note that this is another grand theft auto game. This means that you are going to play a criminal in a free roaming environment where you can steal, or kill most anything or anyone you can see. You can play the game however you'd like, whether that be trying to beat the missions or simply screwing around.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is set in the nineties, at the height of the media attention given to rap music and culture. You play as CJ, a young man who has come back to San Andreas to settle scores and take care of business. It should be noted that San Andreas is more of a state than a city. Unlike the other GTA titles, you have three cities to explore, and the hundreds of miles in-between them. Another major difference is that this time you must take care of your character, ala the Sims, as appearance and health make a huge difference. Add to that schools to learn skills, tons of mini-games, and relationships and you can begin to understand why this game will steal so much of your time.
GTA: San Andreas is not for everyone. But if you don't mind the themes, there is no better game on the market.