The Bottom Line
- Light-hearted tone
- Excellent soundtrack
- Clever humor
- Almost too much to do
- Good art direction
- Dated graphics
- Recycled game play from GTA series
- Graphics: 3.5 Vintage art style makes up for the PS2's dated graphics engine.
- Sound: 5 Bully sports one of my favorite game scores since Monkey Island.
- Control: 4 Bully's basic controls seem to work well for what the game offers.
- Difficulty: 2 Bully is quite an easy game, and I rarely failed any mission on my first try.
- Gameplay: 4 GTA was pretty fun, so Bully is pretty fun. There are tons of minigames to enjoy.
- Multiplayer: 0 Strait up single player.
- Online: 0 I said strait up single player! Also, no online downloads.
- Documentation: 5 The manual is thorough, it features a how to play game section, and even a comic.
- Rated: Teen Its like GTA, but for kids! Literally!
- All scores are out of 5. The overall rating is not an average of the above scores
Guide Review - Bully Review (PS2)
But that shouldnt deter people however, as I can say I actually like Bully more than any of the GTA games. Thats right, I said it. I liked Bully more than GTA. Bully really is very light-hearted. Instead of getting some sick thrill out of running over 200 people, I would much rather get my kicks out of hiding in the trees and shooting the football players with my sling shot, or throwing some itching powder on the fat girl.
Bully, despite being a GTA clone, is a fun game, and will also last you hours upon hours. If you felt that GTA perhaps took it too far but liked the gameplay, or are just looking for a mischievous romp through boyhood, I say go out and pick up Bully. But if youre sick of the GTA formula, steer clear.