I realize that we can no longer call the cool new motion sensing wireless control the "Dual Shock." No rumble = no shock, much less "Dual Shock". The absence of rumble is a debate for another time.
While "Six Axis" is descriptive, here are a few names I came up with.
- Dual Access - ohh, so clever
- Dual Input - because you don't always use the six axis system
- Dual Action - they just keep on coming
- Dual Command - because, umm, yeah
- Freedom Pad - hey given the popularity of patriotism right now
- PS3 Joy Pad - old skool is still cool
- Daisho - set of two small Japanese swords
- Revolution - if Nintendo ain't gonna use it...
- Yokozuna - Sumo Grand Champion
- 4D Controller - sorry, couldn't resist